In order to support our growth, we are looking for an Estimator / Technical Support (w/m).
The group AluK is a global leader in the design and engineering of aluminium window, door and curtain walling systems. With more than sixty years of expertise and operations in major countries around the globe, our building systems have been specified for many of the world’s most advanced and prestigious buildings.
AluK Middle East operates from Dubai and serves all GCC countries, the wide Middle East and the East African territories.
The Estimator / Technical Support is responsible for handling request for quotations and providing technical knowledge to customers and business partners. He/She will report directly to Estimation Team Manager and will be responsible for the following activities:
- Receive inquiry and request for quotation from different subcontractors.
- Analyse drawings, quantity take-offs and specifications to determine suitable system/solution and competitive pricing for the customers.
- Conduct preliminary structural calculation in accordance with the specifications, especially for curtain walls and openings exceeding standard dimensions.
- Realise estimation, bar optimisation, and cutting list using LOGIKAL ORGADATA.
- Analyse qualifications, exclusions, and considerations of each project to justify the limitation of pricings.
- Finalise pricings, prepare quotation and all the documents requested for the project submission.
- Attend meetings with clients (fabricators, consultants, main contractors) and provide them with technical proposals.
- Prepare technical submittal and compliance statement for each project in accordance with the specification requirements.
- Technical background/degree or Engineering degree
- Previous experience in estimation department for aluminium companies (fabricator system house)
- Knowledge of computer-based tools: MS Office, Autocad, LOGIKAL ORGADATA. Knowledge of Flixo and Thermal Calculation software is a plus
- Fluency in English, any other language is considered as an asset
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Pro-active, reliable and solution-oriented
To apply for this position based in Dubai, please send your resume including cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.